Town Hall for Students
Date: April 19, 2021
From: Monroe Gorden, Jr., J.D., Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Dear Bruin Students:
You are invited to join a virtual town hall for students where we will share updates regarding our current campus COVID-19 protocols, vaccine distribution, and plans for the summer and fall quarters.
The town hall will take place on Monday, April 26 from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m., and will be moderated by Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Development and Health Suzanne Seplow and feature these UCLA experts:
- John Bollard, co-executive director, Arthur Ashe Student Health and Wellness Center
- Dr. Edith Flores, primary care physician, Ashe Center
- William Dunne, administrative director for emergency preparedness, security and safety, UCLA Health
- Susan Ettner, interim dean of graduate education and professor, David Geffen School of Medicine and Fielding School of Public Health
- Mick Deluca, assistant vice chancellor for campus life
- Michael Meranze, co-chair, COVID-19 Response and Recovery Task Force
Registration for the town hall is now open. In addition to updates from our speakers, we will answer as many questions as we can about UCLA’s COVID-19 protocols, vaccines, and plans for summer and fall quarters. Please submit questions in advance through the registration page. Participants will also be able to pose questions during the town hall through Zoom.
As a reminder, you can visit the COVID-19 resources website and Bruins Safe Online for updates about our campus response to the pandemic. If you have additional questions, concerns or thoughts about UCLA’s COVID-19 response, please write to COVID19@ucla.edu.
I hope you will join this important session.
Monroe Gorden, Jr.
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs